Saturday, September 22, 2007

An Update of My Life

Just a few days ago my friend set me up with a baker who makes all sorts of cakes and pies. So after thinking about it for like 20 seconds I decided that "yes I want to do this, and anyway I need some more practice making pies!" After calling her and arranging a date, I am now an apprentice!! This was one of the last things I thought would happen to me. I was looking for an apprenticeship for a long time until I gave up because everyone who I went to either did not have time or I needed to be older. Now a few months later my friend found me a teacher!! My school requires every student to join an after school activity, so I joined a writing club hoping to be able to write recipes. To make a long story short, a bunch of teachers saw/visited my blog. A few days later my brother's teacher came to me and asked me if I would like to cook for their camping trip! I was overwhelmed with joy!!! I get to cook Gluten Free for my brother's whole class, so they can see that gluten free food is not gross but scrumptious!!! I am in the process of finding/making recipes for the trip! I am so excited!! My name is getting out there and I am so happy that it is!! I owe a lot of it to Karina, who has been helping me and mentioning me on her blog! Thank you to everyone else who have been supporting me. Thanks mom and dad! Thank you fellow bloggers for commenting and leaving me your thoughts! keep reading and I will keep writing, Talk to you soon, Your fellow blogger, Dylan

3 comments:

~M said...

Congrats! Keep up the good work and let us know what you make or if you have any tips from your baking/apprenticeship!

Karina said...

Hey Dylan!

I am so proud of you! You rock (and then some). I knew from the first minute I read your blog that you possessed not only raw native talent but a gift for empathy with a big dash of creative flair!

GO Dylan!

your fellow blogger,

Karina

Sheltie Girl said...

Dylan - Congratulations on becoming an apprentice and cooking for your brother's class. That is exciting news.

Good Luck!

Sheltie Girl @ Gluten A Go Go