Thursday, July 24, 2008

Tilting Three Flavored Cake

For a long long time I have been wanting to make a huge cake, one that my family would not be able to eat in anything less than 4 days. I wanted to make a wedding cake without the wedding! I designed a basic plan and got the layout together, but for some reason I lost interest and was not enthusiastic about creating this monster cake. Just a few days ago I decided that it would be good for me to do some baking. I started that day! I did not even have all the ingredients I needed, thankfully it was "food shopping Monday" so I was in luck! This cake did not turn out as huge as I had anticipated but I am proud of the way it turned out!
This was the first time I have made three different flavors of cake for the one cake. I have not even tested one of these cake recipes before hand.
The cake consisted of (from bottom to top) two layers of yellow vanilla cake with a layer of chocolate frosting between. Then two layers of chocolate cake with a layer of vanilla butter cream frosting between. Last but not least two small strawberry layers of cake with the chocolate frosting between.





I love this picture because you can see all the layers of cake and icing!




Pictures through the days as the cake gets smaller and smaller!


Posted by Picasa

No comments: