Sunday, September 16, 2007

Veggie Salad




Just a few days ago I realized that my mom had some Chinese spoons. Now I love these things, I have seen them on all of those cooking shows (Top Chef, Iron Chef America and so on....) but have never used them. So last night I started using my noodle and thinking of a way to use these awesome spoons!


To make this you will need:

1 cucumber
1 red bell pepper (so you can use 1/2 red and 1/2 green but I like the color contrast with the red!)
1 red tomato
pinch of salt
1 garlic (finly sliced than smashed with salt using the side of knife)


Take your cucumber and cut it in half. Scoop out all the seeds so you are left with just the flesh (if you will). Finely chop all the ingredients and place into a blow. Add the salt and mix (I use my hands its easier *don't tell anyone*)
When you are ready to serve pull out your Chinese spoons and scoop some of the veggies into it. Sprinkle with a little more salt on the spoon to taste. Garnish with some parsley, cilantro or nothing, whatever you like!

serve cool
Enjoy!



The Veggies



Posted by Picasa

No comments: